If you are fortunate enough to enjoy a Benecaid Health Spending Account, there is a good chance you already know the basics of these benefits. After all, how are you supposed to brag to your friends about your cushy coverage if you don’t know about its tax-deductible nature and roll-over credit structure? If you know all about these perks and need something else to make your friends jealous, then read on to learn about 5 eligible HSA coverage claims that might surprise you!
- Home improvements relevant to your health. If you need to build ramps, widen your doors, or install anything else to improve disability access, then you may be able to either fully or partially cover these expenses using your HSA.
- Car modifications. Unfortunately, this doesn’t apply to that sweet new spoiler or those shiny rims you had been eyeing for your “vintage” jalopy. However, any disabilities that you or your family members may have that call for special hand controls or other accessibility options do qualify for coverage.
- Fertility enhancements. HSA funds can be used to overcome fertility issues and pay for expensive in vitro fertilization.
- Service animals. HSA credits can be used to cover the costs of buying, training, and maintaining your guide dog or other service-related animal. This means you can pay for food, grooming, and vet bills with your HSA so long as they contribute to the performance of that service animal.
- Anti-smoking efforts. Though you can’t use your HSA to buy over-the-counter nicotine products to help your quitting efforts, these credits can be used to cover the cost of quitting programs. When considered alongside the health risk of smoking, these savings give you all the reasons you need to quit once and for all.
While HSA credits are intended to be used in the year in which they are contributed, they may be rolled over for one plan year. For terms and conditions please click here.
Learn more about Benecaid HSAs at https://www.benecaid.com/health-spending-account-hsa/.