Did you know that for every 1 client lost, you’ll need to gain 5 new clients?
Your annual renewal meeting is a great way to cement your current client relationship, but did you know that it can also be a great opportunity to get a referral?
Turn a renewal meeting into a new client referral with our 5 proven steps.
1. Gather relevant information. Reports and detailed information can be difficult to get from carriers – set automatic reminders to reach out to carriers at least 90 days before a client renewal.
2. Plan your positioning. Company objectives and personnel can change throughout the plan year. Renewal time provides a great opportunity to reevaluate what your client is hoping to get out of their benefits plan and make sure you are the one providing the best solution.
3. Provide options. You never know where the renewal conversation might go so be prepared with a few different options. Offer flexible plans that can suit varying employee demographics. Remember, options are great but clients are looking to you for guidance and expertise.
4. Set yourself apart. Sometimes it might feel like you have to work harder at renewal time than you did with the initial sale. Utilize resources offered through carriers and maximize your networks to find unique value-add products or services that set you apart.
5. Success! After a successful renewal, this is an opportune time to check in with your client and ask for a referral or testimonial. Showcase feedback on your website or social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. You can even add it to your email signature.
Have a client renewing now?
We’re here to help!
Our experienced Account Managers are available to help you analyze client data and help find creative solutions for your group. Need more information or a different report? Just ask!
The Access Benecaid online portal provides you with on demand access to valuable client data; 12 months of usage reports, detailed billing statements and an interactive splash page where you can view claims usage by customizable date range.