Benecaid is looking for a passionate, well-rounded Graphic Designer to be a creative lead and take control of all things design, from product interfaces, to brand identities, to websites and collateral, to digital ad campaigns.
Benecaid provides innovative group benefits for small and mid-sized employers across Canada. We have long been recognized as the leading alternative to traditional insurance companies, in a market where smaller companies have been largely underserved. We set ourselves apart from the competition, by using technology, creative products and stellar customer experience to solve problems for employers.
Benecaid just changed the game with the launch of Honeybee (www.honeybeebenefits.com), a next generation benefits platform built for today’s modern workforce that empowers employers to compete better for talent. Developed by Benecaid’s Innovation Group, this division of Benecaid is tasked with leveraging technology, data and distribution channels to build better products and digital experiences that will drive growth and retention in a fast changing landscape. The Innovation Group is self-funded by Benecaid, a profitable, stable and highly entrepreneurial company that is quickly gaining momentum as a leader in the Canadian InsureTech space.
In April 2018, Benecaid was acquired by the APRIL Group, an international insurance services organization with operations in 31 countries. As part of APRIL, we now have a bigger audience and an even more exciting story to tell.
About the Role
The role will be based in our downtown Toronto Innovation Group office located at Spadina and Adelaide. There, you will be working closely with Benecaid leadership and a talented team of software and design experts. You will be required to work from time-to-time at Benecaid’s head office near Queensway and The West Mall (Sherway Gardens area).
Your responsibilities include:
- Breathing life into our products and communications with strong visuals that delight users
- Being a source of ideas for how communications and user experiences can drive new customers, engagement, and loyalty
- Developing concepts, customer flows, wireframes and interactive prototypes to communicate our vision across mobile and web
- Collaborating closely with our development, product and design resources to create best-in-class, cross-device customer experiences that balance customer needs, business goals and technical feasibility
- Working cross-functionally to validate and implement your designs
- Developing impactful creative and collateral to support our sales organization
- Being creative!
- You don’t just make graphics for fun; you want to make an impact and use your skills to propel a brand forward.
- An entrepreneur at heart you thrive in an agile, fast-paced environment.
- You have a passion for solving design problems and can wear multiple hats and are comfortable owning multiple facets of design (content strategy, wire framing, art direction, and interaction design)
- You have a proficiency with design & prototyping tools (Sketch, Photoshop, etc.), as well as knowledge of HTML and CSS
- You make advocating for the end user the core to what you do. This helps you prioritize experience, trust building and long term success over short term gains.
- You can take abstract written or spoken ideas and convert them seamlessly into images, wireframes, layouts and other designs.
- You understand marketing campaigns and have helped to develop them in a B2B market (an asset, but not essential)
- You possess strong business, technical and analytic skills with the ability to consider business requirements, understand the technical implementation of your designs, and optimize web experiences for search engines.
- You have a degree or diploma in graphic design, interactive design or related fields.
- You have two-five years experience working on a product, marketing or design agency team.
Working at Benecaid
You will be part of a team that is totally empowered, both financially and strategically, to solve important problems faced by today’s employers and employees and positioned for success.
We thrive ourselves on being responsible with our investments, sharing in our profitability, providing excellent career opportunities, and a great work environment. We lead by example, and promote a culture of success and transparency.
You will have:
- A Honeybee benefits plan that provides coverage for health and dental, with personalization choices, a health account and allowance account that can be used for fitness, education, kids and pets and/or transportation;
- Fair and motivating compensation package, with competitive salary and participation in a bonus plan, that has an individual, Innovation Group and company-wide components that play an integral part of your compensation structure;
- A key role in an organization that presents opportunities for advancement, with a strong track record of diversity and promoting from within; and
- The opportunity to both learn from and contribute to a talented team with a strong track record of success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you’re interested in applying please send your resume to email@example.com.