Benecaid provides innovative health benefit solutions for the SMB market in Canada. Benecaid has long been recognized as the leading alternative to the traditional insurance companies, in a market where small and mid-sized employers have been largely underserved. Benecaid sets itself apart from the competition, by using technology, creative product development and a stellar customer experience to solve problems for employers.
Benecaid just changed the game with the launch of Honeybee (www.honeybeebenefits.com), a next generation benefits platform built for today’s modern workforce that empowers employers to compete better for talent. Honeybee was developed by Benecaid’s Innovation Group, a division of Benecaid tasked with leveraging technology, data and distribution channels to build better products and digital experiences that will drive growth and retention in a fast changing landscape. The Innovation Group is self-funded by Benecaid, a profitable, stable and highly entrepreneurial company that is quickly gaining momentum as a leader in the Canadian InsureTech space.
In April 2018, Benecaid was acquired by the APRIL Group, an international insurance services organization with operations in 31 countries. As part of APRIL, we now have a bigger audience and an even more exciting story to tell.
Benecaid is now looking for a Content and Communications Specialist, who is passionate, has a strong voice, is a champion of small businesses, and is ready to bring our content to fans on all platforms.
About the Role
The role will be based out of the downtown Toronto Innovation Group location currently at Spadina and Adelaide. You will be working closely with Benecaid leadership and a talented team of technical and design experts. You will use your skills and your voice through social media and community events to spread the word about Honeybee and to execute an effective communication program.
You will also use your social media and communications skills and acumen to support the communication needs across Benecaid, supporting all Benecaid products and distribution channels to ensure high quality content and communications through newsletters, emails, websites and collateral.
Your responsibilities include:
- Develop communications plans, messaging, and content for social media and traditional media, including the development of key messages, pitches, and prep material
- Develop regular content and manage all of the company’s social media platforms, presence and blogs including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and develop others
- Attend and organize conferences, events, trade shows and community meet-ups, telling the company’s story and firmly establishing yourself as a leading voice for the company
- Explore new ways to engage our target audience, leveraging PR and partnership opportunities
- Monitor local, national and international media and industry publications, identifying opportunities to drive paid, earned and owned content
- Build and nurture media and influencer relationships that help generate awareness and interest
- Communicate effectively with internal marketing and sales teams
You are a strong communicator, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and thrive in agile, fast-paced environment. You have a natural curiosity that leads you to always want to chase down answers and knowledge that will make you a better subject matter expert and marketer. You are religious about ensuring follow through in everything you do. Of course you are detail oriented, have great organizational skills and understand the importance of meeting deadlines. Your creativity shines through in everything you do, and have a resourceful and opportunistic approach to public relations and engaging audience.
You have a knack for getting things done and overcoming obstacles. You don’t underestimate the complexity of challenges when it comes to data-intensive products with many user profiles and edge cases. You are a pleasure to work with, at all levels within an organization. You are highly ethical, and treat others with respect.
You are talented and proficient with social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn. You can go from social posts, to marketing copy, to more substantial writing (newsletters, blog posts and articles), in all cases performing at a very high level. You have working knowledge CRM and marketing automation platforms, preferably Salesforce and Pardot. WordPress knowledge would be an asset. B2B experience is also an asset, though not required. Knowledge of SEO and SEM is a big plus, while promoted ads through social platforms is even more relevant to the role.
You have a degree in marketing, journalism, public relations or related fields. You have at least two years experience working on a marketing team, or in an advertising/PR agency.
Working at Benecaid
You will be part of a team that is totally empowered, both financially and strategically, to solve important problems faced by today’s employers and employees and positioned for success.
We thrive ourselves on being responsible with our investments, sharing in our profitability, providing excellent career opportunities, and a great work environment. We lead by example, and promote a culture of success and transparency.
You will have:
- A Honeybee benefits plan that provides coverage for health and dental, with personalization choices, a health account and allowance account that can be used for fitness, education, kids and pets and/or transportation;
- Fair and motivating compensation package, with competitive salary and participation in a bonus plan, that has an individual, Innovation Group and company-wide components that play an integral part of your compensation structure;
- A key role in an organization that presents opportunities for advancement, with a strong track record of diversity and promoting from within; and
- The opportunity to both learn from and contribute to a talented team with a strong track record of success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you’re interested in applying please send your resume to email@example.com.