Benecaid’s Innovation Group is leading the transformation of the benefits industry in Canada. We just launched Honeybee Benefits, the only complete digital benefits platform designed to help small and mid-sized businesses compete better for talent.
We’re looking for a passionate person who cares about small businesses and what we are doing to help them compete on culture, and who is ready to bring our content to fans on all platforms, from social to live events, always with a strong voice.
As our Content and PR Specialist, you will be working closely with the Honeybee leadership team reporting directly to the Sr. Director of Marketing. You will use your skills and your voice through social media and community events to spread the word about Honeybee and to execute an effective communication program.
- Develop communications plans, messaging, and content for social media and traditional media, including the development of key messages, pitches, and spokes-person prep material
- Explore new ways to engage and new social networks to reach our target audience
- Create and execute a comprehensive social media calendar
- Create social media and PR ideas, processes, and strategies for relevant industry conferences/events/trade shows in which the company participates
- Develop regular content and manage all of the company’s social media platforms, presence and blogs including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and additional channels
- Drive participation in all relevant online communities
- Monitor local, national and international media, identifying opportunities to drive paid, earned and owned content
- Build and nurture media and influencer relationships that help generate awareness and interest
- Communicate effectively with internal marketing and sales teams
- Degree in Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations or related field
- Passionate, curious and great communicator.
- 2+ years of experience on a marketing team or in an advertising/public relations agency
- Self-motivator, strong sense of urgency, initiative and drive
- Resourceful and opportunistic approach to public relations and social media
- Detail-oriented and good organizational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with all levels within an organization
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Advanced proficiency with social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, Pardot or WordPress (preferred, not required)
- B2B experience is an asset
What we offer:
- An opportunity to be in a crucial role in the development of a ground-breaking product and countless opportunities to work on exciting and challenging projects that will disrupt the Canadian benefits industry
- A collaborative environment with a talented team
- A career path that’s determined by your strengths, goals and interests, with opportunities for advancement
- Competitive salary at a stable, profitable company with a long history of disruptive products
- Our Honeybee Benefits plan for you and your family
If you’re interested in applying please send your resume to email@example.com.