Benecaid’s flexible health care coverage plans go a long way towards creating a happy and loyal office atmosphere, but you can never do too much! Read on for 10 rapid-fire tips to help create a happier work environment!
- Show your employees that you appreciate their efforts. Acknowledge good work with praise and appreciation. Do not wait for formal evaluations to tell your employees that they are doing a good job.
- Allow your workers to take short breaks where they can stretch out, walk around, or make a coffee. This step away from the workstation will refresh their creativity and focus, increasing productivity over the long term.
- Remember that you can never wear out the words “Thank you!”
- Make the effort to learn your employees’ names, especially if you are a small business owner.
- Get involved with your employees and coworkers. Show that you are interested in them as people by asking about their family, their weekend plans, and so on.
- Cultivate a social atmosphere in the office. Many people wrongly associate socializing with reduced productivity, when in fact it is a healthy way to keep morale up and ensure communication channels are wide open.
- Do not micromanage your employees’ work. This shows them that you do not trust them, and makes them feel as though their work is insufficient.
- Consider the value of free time over wage increases; your employees may be motivated more by the occasional paid day off than by a minor raise.
- Support health and wellness initiatives at work. Exercise programs, healthy eating campaigns, and office weight loss challenges are all great ways to keep your employees productive and show that you care.
- Create a healthy work environment that has plenty of natural sunlight, adequate lighting, plants, comfortable temperature, and easy access to fresh water from bottles or a cooler.
Finally, nothing makes an office healthier and more productive than small business group benefits plans! Learn more about what Benecaid has to offer at http://benecaid.wpengine.com/group-plans.